- The first thing I thought about, as a language teacher, was the language in the film.
- Is it appropriate for analysis?
- Does it contain a lot of swearing or bad language?
- Are there accents that would make comprehension difficult?
- Is slang language used?
2. The second aspect of the film I considered was the story of the film.
- Does the plot have a good story?
- Are there messages to the film?
- Are there deeper meanings?
- Could you predict what was going to happen?
3. Next I considered the characters in the film.
- Are the characters strong individuals?
- Would they be interesting to describe?
- What clothes do they wear? Why?
- What influenced their lives?
- What do you think happened to the characters after the film?
4. Finally I considered if the film could be offensive or challenging for my students.
- Does it contain nudity or violence?
- Does it model bad behaviour?
- Are there scenes that could upset some students?
Last Friday we watched Happy Gilmore with a group of ESOL students.